New York, NY 10006
The corporate paralegal performs duties for all types of entities, maintains corporate records, and prepares reports and filings for governmental agencies. Also, reviews analyze, and organizes factual information and documentation by corporate legal practice and procedure. The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- State filings in connection with the formation, dissolution, and merger of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Filing of financing statements and judgment and lien searches
- Maintenance of corporate records for corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Preparing and filing necessary reports for companies with appropriate government agencies.
- Preparing corporate resolutions and partnership actions.
- Researching state corporate statutes and securities laws.
- Reviewing, among other things, purchase/sale agreements and drafting closing checklists.
- Preparing miscellaneous correspondence; transmitting documents to clients.
- Preparing and filing IRS Forms 8832 or 2553 with the IRS to elect the form of taxation for the company.
- Preparing the Articles of Incorporation, Designation of Registered Agent, and any required fictitious name registrations.
- Preparing and filing IRS Form SS-4 and Third Party Designation for the entity’s Employer Identification Number.
- Due diligence activities.
- Computer Experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of iManage or similar document management software.
- Three to seven years of experience as a Corporate Paralegal
- Bachelor’s degree preferred/Paralegal Certificate
- Knowledge of state laws and their relationship to corporate and securities matters.
- Knowledge of various state, county, and city licensing laws and requirements.
At ttg, “We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time,” ttg OPT.