Salary: $120k- $130K
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%. (across the US)`
Background: Our client is a nationally well-known, premium restaurant chain with over 100 locations throughout multiple states in the United States. We have been entrusted to find their next Employee Relations & Compliance Specialist
On this role, You Will be responsible for leading company-wide compliance efforts and contributing to the organization’s mission of treating guests, employees and partners with grace, dignity, respect, and integrity. In this capacity. You Will serve as a liaison between employees and management and will also have responsibility for ensuring employee relations issues are addressed under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Compliance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, evaluates, and manages workload of the HR Compliance Analyst.
- Ensures that legally required federal and state required forms, notices and posters are maintained for each restaurant and the Corporate Office. Stays apprised of employment law changes and industry trends in legislation that could impact compliance issues.
- Manages employee relations calls from the field under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Compliance.
- Interprets and explains policies and regulations in response to such calls or inquiries as needed.
- Handle workplace complaints relating to claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, hostile work environment, and policy violations. Offers recommendations for the resolution of employee relations issues and coordinates response to such complaints.
- Provides recommendations on involuntary terminations. Oversees the termination meeting and participates, as needed. Manages the process of documenting terminations to ensure proper completion and preservation of documents relating to termination process.
- Conducts exit interviews with departing employees, analyzing opportunities for feedback or improvement particularly in areas related to employee engagement.
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes to the Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Compliance.
- Develops and maintains a recordkeeping system that documents and tracks the status of all EEOC charges, lawsuits, and other employee related legal matters, including internal investigations. Analyzes trends emerging from such data to assist with developing proactive solutions.
- Coaches managers on effective methods to ensure the development and maintenance of a work environment that fosters sensitivity and respect for people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and disabilities.
- Oversees management, maintenance and security of employee records and files assuring timely completion of all necessary documentation. Also ensures that documents are securely maintained in compliance with Company policies, state and federal guidelines. Assures confidentiality of all employee records.
- Provides litigation support to the Director of Employee Relations and Compliance and/or the Legal Department in connection with employment related legal matters.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline is a plus.
- Over 3 to 5 years of experience in human resources management, employee relations or related experience and/or training is required.
- Applicants with an equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Knowledge of and ability to apply current federal, state, and local laws relating to employment matters, including regulations or guidance issued by the Department of Labor, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or other similar agencies.
- Prior experience in the restaurant industry (preferred).
Shares supervision with the Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Compliance of an HR Compliance Analyst.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including human body. Walking and standing but may be required, up to 15% of the time.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Business Acumen - Employs analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; plans and efficiently organizes work, appropriately seeks, manages, integrates, and interprets data. Able to prioritize work and make sound decisions using available data. Exercises good judgment and is committed to excellence and operational integrity.
Collaboration & Customer Relationships - Understands the value of diverse talents and perspectives and encourages diversity of thought and ideas. Is always professional when dealing with internal and external customers. Works through differences and finds a productive common ground with others to achieve mutually beneficial results. Has a strong sense of customer service.
Functional Expertise – Achieves success through a comprehensive knowledge of industry and business as it relates to the position. Applies creative solutions resulting in internal and external customer Demonstrates initiative and is accountable for own actions and decisions.
Communication Skills – Has good verbal and written skills; is effective when communicating with peers and superiors as well as with customers and others outside the company. Expresses opinions and ideas concisely. Encourages two-way
At ttg, “We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time,” ttg OPT