$ 20 per hour
Coral Springs, FL
Perform collecting of all laboratory glassware, maintain good housekeeping practices, supporting analysts’ work activities, prepare testing kits for analysts, receives chemicals and reagents. Disposal of hazardous waste.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist chemist in preparation of mobile phase/diluents and test solution.
- Perform the daily calibration of pH meters, balances, Karl Fisher apparatus and another laboratory equipment’s as assigned.
- Perform any testing as required by the management, after adequate training.
- Assist chemist to collect the glassware, set up the dissolution baths, and remove the organic waste & HPLC vials, from the LC’s.
- Remove the released samples from the appropriate area and dispose them accordingly as per SOP.
- Maintain and monitor lab supplies, chemicals inventory in the lab. Receives chemicals and reagents. Label them with date received and expiration date and properly store them.
- Check the expiration dates of the standards, chemicals, remove the expired chemicals, & dispose them accordingly.
- Assist and appropriately store all laboratory glassware and disposal of analyzed samples & amp; sample solutions under guidance of chemist in a timely manner. Maintain good housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Maintain the laboratories with good housekeeping practices and in compliant with cGMP regarding instrument set up, care and proper storage of laboratory glassware.
- Follow all SOPs and Safety Guidelines to ensure compliance with a cGMP environment and Safety Practices.
- Remove Hazard solvent waste containers (weighing up to 40 pounds) into appropriate locations to maintain a clean environment.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum of High School/Trade School/Vocational School Diploma, GED, or equivalent. B.S. degree preferred.
- Associate degree with 0-2 years of experience in scientific field preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- A self-starter with a hands-on approach and a can-do attitude.
- Good Communication skills, including the ability to speak clearly, listen and gain clarification, respond well to questions, and write cleanly and informatively.
- Previous Laboratory experience is a plus.
- The physical requirements of the position generally included: standing, walking, sitting, using hands and fingers, reaching with hands and arms, talking and hearing. In some circumstances, bending, kneeling, crouching, stooping, and crawling may apply. This position may require lifting up to 40 pounds occasionally. Generally, work is performed in a laboratory environment.