Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Shop Manager with 3 to 5 years of Mechanical Supervisor experience, for an exciting job opportunity working in the Transportation Industry! This position reports to the General Manager.
Responsible for manufacturing area. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in cleaning duties, setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical and electronic systems, mechanical systems, machinery, and equipment by performing the following duties.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING (Other duties may be assigned): Directly oversees refurbishment of train sets which includes but is not limited to:
- Supervising workers in cleaning duties, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment of train sets and facilities to conform to the company's specifications and standards.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations in accordance with FRA, OSHA and AAR standards.
- Adjusts work procedures and staffing levels to meet production schedules.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Provides feedback on budget issues to the General Manager.
- Enforces all applicable FRA, OSHA, FDA and other agency rules, regulations, laws and standards.
- Recommends measures to improve manufacturing and repair methods, equipment performance and quality of product to General Manager.
- Monitors parts and supply usage on mechanical equipment.
- Monitors and maintains availability of all tools required for department.
- Functions as the technical expert on all mechanical systems of trainset and support equipment.
- Supports the Manufacturing engineer in creating training courses related to mechanical systems and monitors the training provided to ensure it meets the requirements of the associated reference or the company's procedure.
- Trains personnel and assists the groups Supervisors in the training and development of technicians.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Supervise supports and schedules manufacturing schedule.
- Interprets engineering drawings, technical papers, and related documentation and implements them into process.
- Directly supervises team members including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Follows and supports all safety standards and practices required by State, Customer, and the company.
- Identify safety requirements by reviewing regulations, guidelines, and standards to include State, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Directly supervises employees as scheduled according to the Manufacturing Organizational Chart and Manufacturing Schedule.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The Shop Manager will assume overall management responsibility for the entire manufacturing facility in the absence of the General Manager
- Associate degree (A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years’ experience and/or training in mechanical engineering or maintenance, and troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical systems; or four years training in industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Team player and have a positive attitude.
- Must be self-directed
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to meet difficult deadlines
- Must be fully vaccinated and show proof of COVID vaccination.
What are you waiting for? Apply today, come join us!