Temp to Hire (6 months of probationary period)
Supports reviews of proposals, contracts, regulatory, program and customer requirements in the development of quality assurance plans. Assists with maintenance of Quality directives, policies, processes, procedures, and metrics. Collects data to support analysis of process data, metrics, models and flows to identify root cause of routine problems. Collects data to support research and analysis of performance reports to improve process capability. Collects data to support Quality source selection activity. Supports preparation for hardware, software, and system level audits. Compiles data for material review disposition. Works under close supervision.
Under general supervision, responsible for the review and approval of new product requests across all Company Solutions’ sites. Applies product restrictions, export classifications, material requirements, and quality requirements. Controls access to drawings and performs configuration management.
- Team with Global co-workers to ensure that new product requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate new product requests to ensure proper documentation is received and adequate for inspection teams. Responsible for storing these documents as appropriate.
- Review new part requests and interpret technical drawings and specifications so that industry requirements, customer requirements, and company requirements are complied with and are within BDSI’s competency to support.
- Review and interpret technical drawings and specifications so that quality, testing, and compliance requirements are applied accurately and consistently to new product.
- Review technical documentation to support configuration management, maintain and support drawing vault repository, determine product interchangeability to prevent duplicate part numbers, and apply restrictions to product based on customer, contract, and FAA requirements.
- Review and audit system data to ensure product profiles are accurately maintained and update as needed.
- Review and action requests to re-profile product and escalated new part requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of related work experience - or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience. 5-6 years of related work experience, preferred
- Working within the Quality Assurance arena
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree – related field of study, preferred
- Experience working with aerospace commodities (preferred)
- Knowledge of lean principles (preferred)
- Six Sigma certified (preferred)