$90K - $105K Annually
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Our client has hired us to look for a detail-oriented construction estimator to advise on the foreseeable cost of each of their major developments. To this end, the construction estimator should obtain all relevant project specifications, determine the most appropriate building materials, and secure favorable prices on all resources. You should also inspect trends in construction to determine whether your estimates are both reasonable and competitive.
To ensure success as a construction estimator, you should be able to translate project requirements into concrete figures with ease. A top-notch construction estimator will adhere to financial constraints without compromising on our high standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting all pertinent documents including property plans, technical drawings, and project specifications.
- Studying documentation, meeting with clients, and inspecting the construction site to fully understand what work is required.
- Deciding on the most appropriate human and material resources for each project.
- Obtaining multiple quotes for each of these and then selecting the most suitable offers.
- Negotiating with service providers to secure better prices.
- Outlining the work plan to gauge how much time will be needed to complete each development.
- Performing risk assessments to account for potential deviations from the project plan.
- Accounting for the use of our resources, plus a reasonable profit margin to calculate an overarching price.
- Drafting proposals that detail envisaged materials, costs, and time frames.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their thoughts and concerns about our offers.
- 4-year degree in mechanical engineering, architecture, or similar.
- Qualification in project management is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as a construction estimator.
- Ability to forecast the cost of high-ticket, involved building developments - $20 MIL .
- Knowledge of relevant technical and non-technical documents.
- Experience working with multi-family homes, higher education, and industrial buildings.
- Exceptional quantitative skills.
- Outstanding research and proposal writing skills.
- Ability to negotiate with seasoned Sales personnel.
- Dependable, conscientious, and well-spoken.
Short-term & Long-term disability
HSA & FSA
Paid time Off
401 (k) with match
At ttg, "We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time," ttg OPT.