Full-Time 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
$95236 - $123806 / year depending on experience
This position is responsible for administering the Infection Control Program, which includes conducting relevant surveillance activities, providing appropriate education, reviewing infection control-related policies and procedures, reporting reportable diseases to the local health department, participating in committees, including but not limited to Infection Control, Safety, Product Evaluation, and conducting Performance Improvement activities. The Infection Prevention and Control Preventionist(s) in collaboration with the Chairman (or Infection Disease MD) have the authority for developing, approving and implementing infection control policies and procedures. This authority also includes instituting appropriate control measures when it is necessary for the safety of patients, visitors and staff. Such measures may include but are not limited to the isolation of patients or geographic areas, cleaning and disinfection, new construction and renovation design review, and evaluation of the patients’, visitors’, and staff’s environment for possible infection control problems. Additional measures include but are not limited to investigation and follow-up of exposure to communicable diseases.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required
- Registered Nurse
- Infection Control Certification or within 2 years of promotion or hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing - Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) or MPH (Master’s in Public Health) preferred.
- Experience in the field of Nursing, with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience working with infection control, critical care, or acute care nursing is required.
- Ability to communicate verbally, in writing, and electronically.
- Strong analytical skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to communicate and work with persons of diverse backgrounds. Must be able to implement evidence-based guidelines and policies.
- Two medical plans, Tree dental plans, vision care plan.
- Life Insurance.
- 401K matching.
- Career-building benefits.
- Public Transportation benefits.
- Paid Parental benefits.
Reporting and supervised by the Chairman (or Infection Disease MD).
All employees must obtain their initial COVID-19 vaccine (single dose or first dose of the two-dose series) or receive an approved exemption as a condition of employment
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.