Salary range: $50,000 – $75,000
This position works under the direction of the Director of Marketing to design and deploy on-brand websites and web based experiences. We are looking for a web designer who will be responsible for creating engaging and user-friendly websites.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing and design teams to establish strategies, tactics, process, and schedules for web projects.
- Creates user interaction models, workflows, information architectures, prototypes, and guidelines for user interfaces.
- Optimizes web designs and features to minimize download time and meet browser and platform compatibility standards.
- Researches new products and services that can be implemented to improve the effectiveness, functionality, and appearance of the institution's web presence.
- Keeps abreast of current web standards, web marketing strategies, design trends, development processes, and production methods.
- Serves as a member of the emergency communication team, as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new web development methods and technologies.
- Familiar with the concept of responsive and adaptive front end interface development.
- Experience in working within the WordPress CMS platform.
- Familiarity with solutions to cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Familiarity with open-source CMS development, preferably the WordPress content management
- Familiarity with web marketing principles and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and tools.system.
- Working knowledge of CSS standard-compliant website design and coding.
- Working knowledge of professional web development and graphics tools.
- One year related work experience which may include paid or unpaid internships.
- Associate degree or higher in graphic design, graphic arts, web design or a related field.