8:30AM-5:30PM Monday – Friday
$25-$28 per hour
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Reports to CEO & COO
The Executive Assistant is responsible for accurately providing professional and personal assistance, administrative, office and clerical support in a timely manner to the CEO & COO of the company. Primary working hours are 8:30AM-5:30PM Monday – Friday however the successful candidate must be able to work flexible hours at times to meet the needs of the executive schedules. This is a highly confidential role and personal discretion as well as a professional demeanor is required. Successful candidate must demonstrate independence and self-motivation.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with booking appointments and managing calendar for CEO & COO and assist others with coordinating availability and meeting set up.
- Confirm on a daily basis the following day’s appointments and ensure the CEO & COO have materials available for the next day’s meetings.
- Coordinate teleconferences and offsite meetings (individual schedules and meeting rooms/facilities) as needed.
- Manages CEO & COO sponsored events such as MS TEAMS meetings and Employee or Vendor Meetings, etc. Ensures that all meeting room setup, catering, technical (including microphones, presentations, etc.) are set up & tested for use. (This is in collaboration with HR, IT and Facilities). Personal Assistance
- Order lunch and/or catering for CEO & COO daily or regularly as requested including understanding of dietary restrictions and preferences.
- Assists CEO & COO with booking personal appointments for health care services, personal appointments, school appointments, etc. as directed.
- Assists CEO & COO with completing requested personal documents required for family and schools as needed.
- Assists CEO & COO with personal ordering and bill payments.
- Maintains confidential information on behalf of CEO & COO and their family members in order to arrange personal appointments, assist with personal events and requests for executive and / or family members. A major aspect of this role is assisting executives with coordination of personal events.
- Proactively assists Exec with maintaining valid passports, licenses, vehicle registrations, membership renewals, etc.
- May, on occasion, assist CEO and COO with transportation of family members to / from private events (limited and during working hours). Expenses, if incurred, will be reimbursed in accordance with Company’s Travel & Expense policy. Valid current driver’s license required. Travel Arrangements
- Process travel arrangements for CEO & COO and family members as requested.
- Prepares and submits expense reports for processing. Reporting
- Prepare materials utilizing an array of tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio to develop attractive, graphic-intensive and compelling documents as directed
- Develop routine and specialized management reports as requested. Project Management
- Coordinate special projects as they arise and develop.
- Research and follow-up on special assignments for CEO & COO including but not limited to grant opportunities, product information or other special research requests. Phone Calls and email management
- Handle all types of phone calls for self and assigned executives. Redirect phone calls as appropriate
- Create and maintain filing system for the CEO & COO as requested.
- Maintain files (paper and electronic) in compliance with recordkeeping policies and procedures Mail Processing
- Other duties as assigned by company Management. Duties and priorities may change from time to time and this job description is not meant to be inclusive of all tasks and responsibilities but merely to be representative of the major activities of the position
- 5 years administrative assistant experience with at least 2 supporting a senior executive and experience working with senior executive
- Highly developed PC skills, including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to anticipate, improvise, and adapt for optimal resolutions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, work effectively on a team, maintain composure in stressful situations, and work under deadline pressures
- Highly productive, able to work effectively on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- able to communicate directly, concisely and/or diplomatically as required, knowing how, when and what to communicate.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Pro-active, results-oriented style delivering outstanding quality and timeliness, while working independently with little supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships within and outside the organization
- Resilience in a client-centered business model, where adaptability and communication skills are key
- Highly organized, accurate and dependable